Bill Perkins owns the Agricultural Hall in Jamaica Plain. http://aghall.com
Bill is a bee keeper, urban agriculture enthusiast, and all all around inspiring and genuine person who loves bringing people together and growing a community around food and urban agriculture.
Check out the Agricultural Hall's website for upcoming workshops and things happening in the Boston area.
INFO FROM THE AGRICULTURAL HALL:::::
The Agricultural Hall is Boston's urban grange; a store, a resource center, and a hangout for urban aggie-types (agri-nerds?) to share their agriculture-related experiences, explore new ideas, and just "shoot the breeze."
From the store at 245 Amory Street we sell a wide range of urban agriculture supplies, primarily beekeeping equipment and chicken husbandry supplies, but also solid, practical, and inspiring goods and tools. Our tendencies are:
- To carry organic, recycled, readily recyclable, handmade, and/or locally made products;
- To sell in bulk when possible, thereby helping you keep your costs and packaging footprint to a minimum;
- To only carry well-made, durable products that you will cherish and use for a lifetime; and
- To be a resource/referral center for anyone looking for answers to agriculture-related questions.
THIS WEEKS RECIPES::::::::::::::::::::::
- Jun 20, 2018 EP///013 Sugar Maples and Beekeeping with Ethan West from The Republic Of Vermont Jun 20, 2018
- Jun 10, 2018 EP///012: Food and Adventure Author: Rowan Jacobsen Jun 10, 2018
- May 24, 2018 EP///011: A Cook's Cook:::::Jamie Bissonnette May 24, 2018
- May 17, 2018 EP///010 Real and NATURAL WINE with David Mitchell May 17, 2018
- May 3, 2018 EP///009 JOHN WANG from the Food Project May 3, 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 EP///008 Spearfishing and free diving:::ANNE DOHERTY Apr 24, 2018
- Apr 11, 2018 EP///007: Coffee, Chocolate and PERU with Mateo Campesino Apr 11, 2018
- Mar 28, 2018 EP:006: Organic greens, herbs, and life : EVA SOMMARIPA Mar 28, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 EP///005: Potatoes with Matt Linehan from Sparrow Arc Farm Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 EP///004: A Venetian Restaurant: SRV. with Chefs Kevin O'Donnell and Michael Lombardi JR Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//003 BEEKEEPING, URBAN AGRICULTURE WITH BILL PERKINS Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//001: The Mushroom Kingdom with TYLER AKABANE Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//002: The New England Chef: JEREMY SEWALL Mar 5, 2018