This week we talk all about Peru! Mateo Campesino imports coffee beans and Cacao straight from the “eyebrow of the Jungle” right above the Amazon in the Andean mountains . Mateo goes to Peru and works with these remote farmers to help them refine their processes to increase the quality of the final products. His foal is to connect family farmers from these places with artisan producers and consumers, guaranteeing fair prices for the farmer and providing the market with the highest quality products.
Mateo is super passionate about food and Peru and he is very eager to share his knowledge about Peru, and telling the his story about growing, harvesting, and importing coffee and cacao.
FOLLOW MATEO ON:
He has tons of cool videos and information on his Facebook page!
Find out more about his products::
You can get a cup of some of the coffee he imports at:
https://www.broadsheetcoffee.com- in Cambridge, MA
you can buy some of his Peruvian beans through:
https://www.stiryoursoul.com/beans-1/#africa-1 - Karma Coffee in
you can get some of his delicious chocolate at:
http://www.somervillechocolate.com . - online ordering isn’t up yet but you can stop by the shop at:: 14 Tyler St, Somerville, MA 02143
WHAT’S IN THE WOODS!
This week Tyler and I talk //////ROOTS AND SHOOTS////
VISIT http://www.mushroomsformyfriends.com for more information about Tyler’s upcoming events (mushroom walks and dinners) and all the cool stuff he has going on.
FROM TYLER AKABANE::
Early Spring 2018.
This is a small collection of some of the early spring edibles we are sure to find on a coming walk. Save the ramp and eat more chives, save your environment and eat the invasives like garlic mustard and knot weed. I especially like them when a bit older, so the mustard is like tiny broccoli heads, and the knot weed is juicy, sour and hollow!
FOLLOW ME ON......
- Jan 12, 2019 EP///:::16 David Dolginow, Shacksbury Cider Co-Founder Jan 12, 2019
- Nov 7, 2018 EP///15::: Chef Jeremiah Stone from Contra, Wild Air and Una Pizzaria Napoletana Nov 7, 2018
- Aug 22, 2018 EP///0014: The Creative Kitchen of Blanch and Shock in London Aug 22, 2018
- Jun 20, 2018 EP///013 Sugar Maples and Beekeeping with Ethan West from The Republic Of Vermont Jun 20, 2018
- Jun 10, 2018 EP///012: Food and Adventure Author: Rowan Jacobsen Jun 10, 2018
- May 24, 2018 EP///011: A Cook's Cook:::::Jamie Bissonnette May 24, 2018
- May 17, 2018 EP///010 Real and NATURAL WINE with David Mitchell May 17, 2018
- May 3, 2018 EP///009 JOHN WANG from the Food Project May 3, 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 EP///008 Spearfishing and free diving:::ANNE DOHERTY Apr 24, 2018
- Apr 11, 2018 EP///007: Coffee, Chocolate and PERU with Mateo Campesino Apr 11, 2018
- Mar 28, 2018 EP:006: Organic greens, herbs, and life : EVA SOMMARIPA Mar 28, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 EP///005: Potatoes with Matt Linehan from Sparrow Arc Farm Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 EP///004: A Venetian Restaurant: SRV. with Chefs Kevin O'Donnell and Michael Lombardi JR Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//003 BEEKEEPING, URBAN AGRICULTURE WITH BILL PERKINS Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//001: The Mushroom Kingdom with TYLER AKABANE Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//002: The New England Chef: JEREMY SEWALL Mar 5, 2018