My guest on Cooking Up A Podcast this week is Matt Linehan from Sparrow Arc Farm in Copake, NY. Matt is farming on around 200 acres just past the Berkshires. He started farming in Unity, ME on just an acre hustling down the 5 hour drive to Boston selling mostly arugula in 2006. He knocked on restaurants doors with his products and built it all up to where he is today.
Growing vegetables and running a farm is Matt. The vegetables he grows are an expression, they have some of his character and energy in them. His radishes have a unique spiciness, his mixed greens are hearty, his turnips are juicy and crisp, his winter squashes have deep developed flavors and his POTATOES! oh man. Matt's spirit animal might be a potato. He is following his heart and doing what he loves are is trying to be the best possible farmer he can be.
He is the real deal, follow him on
Instagram: @sparrowarcfarm //////you can see videos and pictures of his potato harvester and tractors and pictures of beautiful potato fields.
- May 24, 2018 EP///011: A Cook's Cook:::::Jamie Bissonnette May 24, 2018
- May 17, 2018 EP///010 Real and NATURAL WINE with David Mitchell May 17, 2018
- May 3, 2018 EP///009 JOHN WANG from the Food Project May 3, 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 EP///008 Spearfishing and free diving:::ANNE DOHERTY Apr 24, 2018
- Apr 11, 2018 EP///007: Coffee, Chocolate and PERU with Mateo Campesino Apr 11, 2018
- Mar 28, 2018 EP:006: Organic greens, herbs, and life : EVA SOMMARIPA Mar 28, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 EP///005: Potatoes with Matt Linehan from Sparrow Arc Farm Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 EP///004: A Venetian Restaurant: SRV. with Chefs Kevin O'Donnell and Michael Lombardi JR Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//003 BEEKEEPING, URBAN AGRICULTURE WITH BILL PERKINS Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//001: The Mushroom Kingdom with TYLER AKABANE Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//002: The New England Chef: JEREMY SEWALL Mar 5, 2018