Black Bass Crudo
1 Black Sea Bass.
1 teaspoon Salt. Good stuff. Sea Salt, Malden or Gray Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil. Good stuff
1 Cup Watercress. Preferably foraged from your secret watercress spot.
The Black Bass has to be fresh because you are going to eat it raw.
Instead of buying it it would be cool if you caught it. Or got it spearfishing with Anne Doherty. That would be real cool. Spend the day out on the water free diving and spearfishing looking for dinner.
Filet and skin your bass.
Wash your watercress.
Hopefully you got the watercress from your secret watercress spot and you got to spend part of your afternoon out in the woods walking around listening and seeing things outside.
Slice the Bass on a angle about a 1/4 inch thick. And lay it flat on a plate or platter.
Fill up the platter with one layer of bass. Use two plates/platters if you need to. Don’t pile it up. One. Layer.
Salt the fish. Not too much. Just enough.
Squeeze the lemon over the fish. If it’s a bigger fish you might need two lemons.
Drizzle with olive oil. A good amount. Sort of swimming in a shallow olive oil puddle.
Cover with watercress.
A little more lemon, olive oil and salt to dress the cress.
Dream about being out on the water.
Spearfishing and free diving with Anne Doherty.
- Aug 22, 2018 EP///0014: The Creative Kitchen of Blanch and Shock in London Aug 22, 2018
- Jun 20, 2018 EP///013 Sugar Maples and Beekeeping with Ethan West from The Republic Of Vermont Jun 20, 2018
- Jun 10, 2018 EP///012: Food and Adventure Author: Rowan Jacobsen Jun 10, 2018
- May 24, 2018 EP///011: A Cook's Cook:::::Jamie Bissonnette May 24, 2018
- May 17, 2018 EP///010 Real and NATURAL WINE with David Mitchell May 17, 2018
- May 3, 2018 EP///009 JOHN WANG from the Food Project May 3, 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 EP///008 Spearfishing and free diving:::ANNE DOHERTY Apr 24, 2018
- Apr 11, 2018 EP///007: Coffee, Chocolate and PERU with Mateo Campesino Apr 11, 2018
- Mar 28, 2018 EP:006: Organic greens, herbs, and life : EVA SOMMARIPA Mar 28, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 EP///005: Potatoes with Matt Linehan from Sparrow Arc Farm Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 EP///004: A Venetian Restaurant: SRV. with Chefs Kevin O'Donnell and Michael Lombardi JR Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//003 BEEKEEPING, URBAN AGRICULTURE WITH BILL PERKINS Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//001: The Mushroom Kingdom with TYLER AKABANE Mar 5, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 EP//002: The New England Chef: JEREMY SEWALL Mar 5, 2018